Dortmund chief Michael Zorc says Jadon Sancho will be a BVB player next season.
Manchester United are in hot pursuit of England international, and are hoping to bring him to Old Trafford for much less than Dortmund’s £108million valuation.
But Zorc ruled out a transfer in the press on Monday, claiming Sancho has in fact had his Dortmund contract extended.
“We are planning with Sancho,” said Zorc. “He’ll play for us next season. The decision is final. I think that answers all of the questions.”
He added: “Last summer, we adjusted the salary in line with Jadon’s performance. In this context, we have extended the contract until 2023.”
Manchester United were given an August 10 deadline by Dortmund to make a respectable bid for the forward, before their pre-season training camp in Switzerland got underway.
BVB chiefs made it clear that they would not allow any high-profile players to leave after this date, as they wanted to train with a settled team before the new season.
Sancho, who had been in London last week partying with United-supporting rap duo Krept and Konan, was on board the flight on Monday morning with his Dortmund team-mates.
United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward and transfer fixer Matt Judge consider the ‘deadline’ to be a ploy to manufacture a quick sale.
Red Devils chiefs are of the belief that if they wait it out they will be able to snap up Sancho for less than Dortmund’s extortionate asking price.
But it seems Manchester United’s plan has backfired, with Zorc now adamant Sancho will be at Dortmund next season.
Sancho is now contracted with Dortmund until the summer of 2023, meaning his value will stay in tact and explaining why the German side will not be rushed into a sale.