Vice president of the Republic of Ghana, Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia says there’s no truth about the New Patriotic Party (NPP) government abandoning projects by the previous government.
Dr Bawumia briefed Ghanaians on the number of infrastructures the NPP government has so far built.
The event took place at the Academy of Arts and Sciences in Accra on August 18, 2020.
Speaking on education, he said they have completed some of the E-blocks started by the previous government and allegations of abandoning projects must be put to bed.
According to him, only 29 were completed under the Mahama government.
“In the area of Senior High School we have completed 448 of these projects and I must add that if you look at the E-blocks that a lot of noise has been made about. By 2016 the previous government had constructed 29 E-blocks and we came in between 2017 and 2019 we have completed 27 so far so there is no truth that we have abandon projects.
The NDC government had on a number of occasions announced that more than 123 of the schools were at various stages of completion and released a list of the said schools in October 2016 following clamours for evidence of progress on the schools.
John Mahama flagbearer of the NDC has on several occassions accused the current government of abandoning these E-Block projects.
Dr Bawumia says they are working to get more of these projects done because the previous government made noise about facilities they could not put up.
The Ministry of Education recently said it has already awarded contracts to make the E-blocks constructed under the Mahama administration boarding facilities to ease the accommodation challenges created by the implementation of the Free Senior High School program.