A Deputy Chief of Staff at the Presidency, Mr Samuel Abu Jinapor is headed to Parliament after winning the Parliamentary election in the Damongo Constituency of the Savannah Region.
The legal practitioner polled 15,671 votes to defeat the incumbent National Democratic Congress (NDC) Member of Parliament (MP), Mr Adam Mutawakilu who polled 13,330 votes while an independent candidate David Tiki Dange polled 296 votes
A total of 29,150 valid votes were cast in the Parliamentary election with 499 rejected ballots.
Skirt and blouse
The NDC, however, won the Presidential election in the constituency with candidate John Dramani Mahama polling 16,231 votes to finish ahead of President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo who got 12,264 votes.
Christian Kwabena Andrews of the Ghana Union Movement (GUM) and Ivor Kobina Greenstreet of the Convention People’s Party came third and fourth with 62 votes and 27 votes respectively while there were 861 rejected ballots and a total of 29,199 valid votes.
See the results below;
- NANA ADDO DANKWA AKUFFO ADDO (NPP)………. 12,624
- JOHN DRAMANI MAHAMA (NDC).. 16,231
- CHRISTIAN KWABENA ANDREWS (GUM)…… 62
- IVOR KOBINA GREENSTREET (CPP)…. 27
5 AKUA DONKOR (GFP)….. 3
- HENRY HERBERT LARTEY (GCPP)…… 7
- HASSAN AYARIGA (APC)……. 24
- KOFI AKPALO (LPG)……. 15
- DAVID ASIBI APASERA (PNC)……. 20
- BRIDGET AKOSUA DZOGBENU (PPP)…… 7
- NANA KONADU AGYEMANG RAWLINGSG (NDP)…….. 4
- ALFRED KWAME ASEIDU WALKER (INDEP)…… 11
- REJECTED – 861
- Total Valid Votes – 29,199
- LAWYER ABU JINAPOR (NPP) – 15,671
- ADAM MUTAWAKILU (NDC) – 13,330
- DAVID TIKI DANGE (INDEPENDENT) – 296
Valid Votes – 29,150
- REJECTED – 499