The Greater Accra Regional Security Council (REGSEC) has announced some measures as part of ways to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the region.
They have made wearing of mask mandatory to all and this decision was arrived at after meeting on Wednesday April 22,2020.
Portions of a statement signed by Regional Minister, Ismael Ashitey said the move is to ensure compliance with the President’s directives on social distancing and the wearing of face masks protocols.
It read :”REGSEC at its emergency meeting held on Wednesday, April 22, 2020, to ensure compliance with the President’s directives on social distancing and wearing of face masks, the Greater Accra Regional Security (REGSEC) agreed on mandatory wearing of face masks in the Greater Accra Region by the general public”,
The Regional Security Council also agreed the following:
(1) Education/Sensitization on the face masks wearing, social and physical distancing by the various MMDAs in their respectively e jurisdictions.
(2) Creation of Satellite markets by MMDAs to decongest main markets in the Greater Accra Region.
(3) Temporary ban on all ” Special Market Days” in the Region.
(4) Installation and use of public address systems BG MMDAs in markets to educate traders on the mandatory face masks wearing, social and physical distancing and all other directives by the President.
(5) Commercial drivers to ensure all passengers wear face mask before being allowed to board their vehicles.
(6) Notices of “No face mask, No entry” should be visibly displayed at vantages points, including offices, lorry stations, shops, markets, malls, banks, and pharmacies among others.