Deputy Health Minister Dr Bernard Oko-Boye says the government is making arrangement to ensure final year SHS students in isolation and treatment centres write their exit exam.
Atleast some 178 students in senior and junior high schools have tested poistive for COVID-19.
Some have recovered while others are still undergoing treatment.
Dr Oko-Boye speaking on Joy News says the government has the issue under control and will soon come up with what they settle on.
“Before COVID-19 came, there were things that make it impossible for all students to write their final exam, sometimes ill-health, trauma or some kind of disaster. It doesn’t undermind the whole exam. Government is doing everything possible to do special arrangement so that if someone is in isolation they can still write the exam”.
Three hundred and thirteen thousand, eight hundred and thirty-seven, 313,837, final year students across the country today July 20, 2020, begun their exit examination, WASSCE.
The WASSCE which started today will end on 5th September 2020.
The final year students are on campus for the past four weeks preparing for the exit exams. But there are calls for the schools to be closed to stem the spread of the virus.
Ministry of Education last week said they will beef up monitoring in Senior High Schools that have recorded Covid-19 cases in the country.
They have urged staff and students to continue to adhere to the safety protocols.